Wednesday, September 5, 2018

You'd think I'd Be a Positive Advertizement?


Well as I predicted – it was a terrible day dealing with the Navy.  Waited four hours to be told I wasn’t in the system and could not get an ID card – and oh, by-the-way – you are currently not insured – but don’t worry everything ‘should be’ retroactive!    And to boot I got well you should have scheduled an appointment through “Rapid”.  When I go through Rapid I get this warning…
would you hit the link.  The nice lady at Personal Support says, “Well it depends on which browser you use.”  Thanks for the tech support!  I’ll tell you – I’m glad I didn’t put all my eggs in one basket.
Because my 401K distribution didn’t seem to occur I called Fidelity and got hooked up with Don.  What a change from dealing with government (I call it the gov’mint because all it cares about is taking your money).  Because I was hands-free in the Ram (mobile) I couldn’t access the fidelity web site to be able to talk specific numbers.  However Don set me up with a ‘one off’ distribution that will carry me over until the navy clears its head.  I will also contact him later in the week to talk recurring distribution.
So since the day was shot we went on a water front tour of Newport Naval Station.  The base hosts the Naval Academy Prep School and the Naval War College so it is maintained in immaculate condition and has a beautiful water front.
On the way home we stopped by Reed Rd for more fire wood.  We got two bins of pine – green pine – because one of the logs leaked sap all over my shirt.  Lori used some rubbing alcohol to clean it up and hopefully it can be saved.  We’ll see come laundry day.  The same log also leaked all over the bed and tailgate of the Ram – so maybe that will supplement the Rhino coating and keep stuff from sliding around in the back.
After that it was in search of a pizza place.  We originally planned to head to Ten Cousins only to find it closed.  At that point it was back to the campground to get out of the sap covered shirt and decide on another place.  The next closest pizza place to the campground was Village Pizza so I plug it into the GPS and decide to only semi-follow the directions, opting for the more scenic route so we can take in a relaxing ride.  We get to Village Pizza to find they are closed for vacation.  I wonder if that is why Ten Cousins was closed and become paranoid of some giant pizza conspiracy in this neck of the woods.  Lori, the stable one, quickly gets her phone to show Nick’s Pizza is only another eight miles.  This worked out well!  Lori and I shared a salad – yes it was that big – and a large linguica pizza.  For those who are not savvy to the cuisine in these parts, linguica is a mild Portuguese sausage seasoned with garlic and paprika.  It is a staple at any pizza joint in Southeastern Mass.  The pizza was excellent since only one slice was left.
After dinner we headed to Lee’s Market to stock up on provisions and then it was back to the campground.  Tomorrow is a ‘community service’ day and we are off again on Thursday so I can go to a doctors appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment