Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Rain, Rain,...


When I got up this morning the rain had not started yet but it was damp and very windy.  So I went for my morning exercise.  The plan for the day to dump tanks and top of the fresh water and I was fortunate to get all that done before the rain set in.  Rain gives me the opportunity to take care of some indoor tasks.  Since we full time and have no real residential address, our prescriptions – just like everything else – will have to come through the Good Sam Mail Forwarding Service.  Fortunately Express Scripts is fluent when it comes to talking to people who live the RV life style.  They were extremely helpful, explaining that the first time they fill a prescription is a two week process and then I would need to calculate the mail forwarding service delay.  Any prescription we did not have the stock to cover that time period would need a 30-day maintenance prescription along with the 90 day prescription that they would fill and via USPS.  The maintenance prescriptions could be sent to any participating pharmacy in the area we were currently residing in.  We are finding that our full-timing life style is not unfamiliar to the companies that provide the services we need – though many people on the other end of the phone admit they are jealous!
It has been a while since the Flagstaff got a good wash so out comes the bucket and the Camco RV Wash & Wax.  I figure a rainy day is a good day to do this.  If I don’t rinse a spot well the rain will get it – but I must look like an idiot washing the camper in the rain wearing a camouflage rain poncho!  Rather than use my step ladder to get the upper parts of the camper I used a long-handle squeegee to press the sponge against the RV and swing it side-to-side.  The rig looks a lot better and can’t wait to see it in the sun light again. 
Though the weather man says I’ll have to wait until the end of the week!
When I was part of the work-a-day-world I got my news and weather reports through the morning paper and the evening TV news.  Since we dry camp a lot and I’m not a fan of running the generator we don’t use the TV much and these campgrounds are pretty far from the nearest news stand.  For news it is whatever I capture from internet posts.   So severe weather won’t catch me by surprise I have a NOAA app on my iphone.  It provides alerts for everything from thunderstorms to wind & fire so I feel protected.  While I was washing the trailer I received an alert that a Coastal Flood Advisory was in effect in my area.  For me that means placing the generator in the bed of the Ram – other than that everything at ground level dries quickly and is already battened down for the wind conditions.  It was time to check with the campground staff to see if there were any host camper duties due to the advisory.  According to “Ranger Beth” the only thing to worry about at this campground are hurricanes.  At that point they evacuate the campers and close the campground until the condition passes.  Seems smart to me!!!
While I’m not a fan of the rain I find these days give the time, and incentive, to do things I put off when the weather is nicer.  Since the list of put-off items is not complete I’m kind of hoping for a rain day tomorrow so I can get in a trip to Camping World!

No comments:

Post a Comment