Monday, September 17, 2018

Fads Confuse Me


I’m finding this Kindness Rock fad fascinating!  Lori has created over 500 rocks and shells and they disappear almost immediately.  The idea is for people, not just kids, to take the objects and either save them as keep sakes or hide them in a different location.  Is this the next logical progression of Letter Boxing or Geocaching? What I find most interesting is that some people know exactly what to do and others treat them as private property, lawn ornaments that are not to be disturbed. How do we get these fads were an entire subset of the population is clueless.  Never mind that is me and Pokemon – clueless.  What I find fascinating, and probably contributes to the confusion on how to handle these items, is the detail that goes into some of these items.  I’m sure somehow detail translates into time and effort though I do not have one artistic fiber in my body and therefore; no ability to accurately relate determine if this is true. 
While I have helped Lori hide hundreds of these items throughout Westport (pretty much everywhere we go), the real fun is watching the way people approach the items and the different understanding.  I have witnessed everything from complete understanding to the kid who found shells and took it as his mission to destroy them (We won’t discuss parenting here)  I have to admit that I really enjoy the kids who ‘get it’ and find the items and discuss amongst themselves which ones they would like to keep and were the others are going to be hidden next!
Sometime it is the little things that bring a smile to your face.  I hope none of you have to look hard for those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment