Sunday, September 30, 2018

Second Gig - Second Leg


Well we got an early start on the day.  We got the trailer packed up quickly and headed to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast – we’re really starting to burn through those gift cards!  We got on theroad by 10 am.  Our first break came at Wind Gap, PA. where we made a stop at the worst Dunkin Donuts I’ve ever been at!  Between customers who were not prepared to a staff that was not in work mode it took forever to get a cup of coffee.   We made good time getting to Maryland.  Since we were not do to be at Greenbrier until Sunday we looked for a commercial campground.  I again wanted full hookups so I could flush tanks figuring we would be dry camping again.  I looked in the GPS for Good Sam rated parks and Jelly Stone Maryland came up.  This is a beautiful park with all the resort amenities.  It is also resort priced at $108/ night on the weekends!  Next time I’ll go with the KOA or not look to the GPS while driving.
While close to Greenbrier I thought we would take the short trip there for a visit.  I introduced my self to Brie, the ranger at the contact station, and she set me up with a pass and a temporary gate code. What a beautiful campground though very hilly - the morning runs are going to be tough.  The host campground site is well placed and has full hookups!  We get a golf cart to travel with and the job seems simple enough but I’ll know more after we check in.

No comments:

Post a Comment