Sunday, September 16, 2018

Closing Out the Northeast


I was looking forward to today, farmer’s market day, because we get to restock on a week’s worth of fresh vegetables.  
Since we have some left over bourbon chicken and also some lemon and garlic chicken I’ll be dicing that up to add to the salad – and now we have a complete meal.
This week it was eggplant (to plank and grill!) and carrots, radishes, tomatoes for salad. Plus we got to hang out with some alpacas.

The other day I removed the broken support strap for my galley tank dump connection.  It gave me a small problem because where it connected to the pipe it the dump valve used a screw and a captive fastener but, the screw was located where you could not get a driver on it.  I decided I would replace this with a captivated nut, bolt, and spring washer.  So off to Westport Ace Hardware I go again!  I really prefer Ace to the big box stores because they retain the neighborhood store feel.  Also I can by one nut, bolt, and washer here and not a box or bag with more than I’m actually going to use!!
Lori had scheduled an American Red Cross blood donation today so that was next on the list.  She is a real trooper and schedules donations as often as she can.  I had donated for years (can no longer) and originally thought she would never do anything like that.  She really started to donate when Bully Busters, an organization she helped lead, started sponsoring blood drives.  Now that I can longer donate she tries to not only donate to make sure she does it as frequently as possible to make up for my absence.

Back at the campground I worked on getting the new strap in for the galley gray water tank.  The nut – bolt combination was much easier to work than the screw that was originally there.  The strapping I bought was galvanized but I had painted it black to match the original.  I’ll have to break out the drill and take advantage of the torque it provides to get the top self-threading screw fully engaged – but it looks good.

And now for my continuing restaurant reviews!  We wanted to meet with my nephew and his wife for one last get together before we head south for the winter.  Typically we meet at baseball games in the summer and a hockey game in the winter but decided a dinner date would be better this time.  Tom suggested LePage’s in Fall River as the spot though neither of us had been there before.  Tom works close to there and was curious about the menu and decided Lori and I would make good scapegoats!  We split a calamari appetizer that was awesome and everyone was happy with their meals and the portions are huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment