Friday, October 11, 2013

Finding Sand Art



Tuesday was a busy day – not my typical vacation day.  It was up and make coffee.  Then I took Axel for his walk and made breakfast.  Next I was off to fill my potable water tank.  Since I have a popup camper I have invested in a 45 gallon water bladder to put in the roof of my pickup so I can transport water from the water station to my camper.  Gravity than fills my potable water tank.  The pickup on the pump in my camper’s 40 gallon tank starts at about the five gallon level in the potable water tank.  Since the bladder holds 45 gallons there is always some left over.  If I cannot find a camper next to me who needs to top off I just dump the excess.
After topping off the water we were off to Ocean City, Md. Last year when we were here we just drove around on the Friday before Columbus Day.  Since Columbus Day weekend is the hot rod show there is always plenty to see.  I was surprised to see how many hot-rodders show up early to make a week of the event.  Many of the side streets in town had car trailers parked on them.  This is because these areas offer free parking.  Most lots in Ocean City are $20 per day and the hotels will only give you one spot per room.  So there is always a demand for free parking spots on the weekend.  We also took a walk on the boardwalk.  This time of year we find about half of the boardwalk vendors closed.  There is still a good crowd on nice days so the vendors that stay open do a fair business.   An artist had taken the time to do some sand sculpting on the beach.. You never know what you will find when you adventure beyond your door.
 The rest of the day was pretty routine – cooking – eating – sitting by the fire.Back in vacation mode!

No comments:

Post a Comment