Friday, October 11, 2013

Settling in



Well Monday is the day I head to Croppers Fuel to fill up on ethanol free fuel.  Ethanol is not good for the carburetors on small engines.  In Connecticut you cannot get bulk ethanol free fuel.  Typically you have to by racing fuel at $18 per gallon.  Here I can get ethanol free fuel at a pump for $3.89. I actually look forward to the stop at Croppers because it really reflects the mentality on the Delmarva Peninsula -   everything is friendly and laid back.  

Coming back I stopped to get Lori a Dunkin Donut coffee and I happened to notice the sign reading delmarvaDD.com.  Around here they are their own little piece of civilization.  They are not Delaware, Maryland, or Virginia – they are Delmarva and the attitude is everywhere from the Dunkin Donut sign to the radio stations.

Since I had my friend Bud Turcott with me on the trip to Croppers I decided to show him where the cheapest firewood vendor was.  After all he just got a guided tour of the area.  We loaded up on enough wood to last the rest of the week.  Who knew it would rain!  Since we now have an excess it looks like we will be paying it forward to those whowill occupy our site when we leave.

Every time I’m here I figure out what a little more about the area.  We always leave here on Columbus Day weekend.  Columbus Day is the weekend when a big hot rod show happens in Ocean City, Md .  As I was giving Bud the ten-cent tour around the Berlin area I saw several racing boats on trailers leaving Ocean City.  It is unfortunate because next year it looks like we will be shifting this trip to early April and I won’t get to investigate this more.

The Assateague State Park claims to have wifi capability at the camp store.  I tried several times and could not make a connection.  To check email and post Monday’s blog we had to go back out to Berlin and stop at Panera Bread for their French Onion Soup and their very reliable wifi connection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment