Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Election Day


Well today is the first election I have not voted in since 1976.  Such is the burden of the slow journey to my new state.  To full-time you really need a mail forwarding service and there are several to choose from.  We decided to pick one with a Florida address since we plan to spend a good deal of our good weather time with the grandkids in New England and Florida seemed to be easier to get to.  Most of the others are in Texas and a few in South Dakota (Not gonna be there in November!).  I just saw a post from someone who took the S.D. option and now they are stuck there until December for medical appointments and wondering if, even with under-bell heating, their plumbing will survive single digit temperatures!  I would also be worried about mol in the RV because to get the moisture out you need to ventilate and keep replacing it with the dry air from outside the rig (remember single digit temps!)
I think my biggest problem will be finding a place to stay since the snowbirds will begin eating up spots pretty quickly.  Fortunately we are set to dry camp (no water or electric hookups).  I have the solar on the roof which charges the battery.  I have my generator to run the percolator and the toaster (though not at the same time) and I have a 40 gallon bladder to get water from any spigot to my fresh water tank.  I’m confident we can pull this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment