Tuesday, October 2, 2018

The Stink Bug Invasion


The morning workout is a lot more difficult tackling the Appalachian hills.  Twice around the camp loop I’m in, which totals just a little more than 1.5 miles, gives me 8 floors on my fitbit or an overall elevation change of 180 feet.
Today we started our community service at Greenbrier even though we did not get official indoctrinated until later in the day.  We got bathrooms done quickly because there are no campers in our loop right now.  From there we tidied several camp sites.  Here the host campers rake sites after campers depart and with the fall foliage site cleanliness becomes more time consuming.
Our indoctrination happened at 1 pm.  There was a heavy concentration on interacting with the guests, for both Lori and I this is a pretty easy concept as we both have extensive experience dealing with the public – Lori as a teacher and myself with my military experience. After that is was policies and procedures and radio communications since we are issued walkie-talkies.
Once that was done we headed to the post office in Boonsboro to retrieve some packages and to the Weis Market for food.  By the time this adventure is done I’m going to need a trailer for all the preferred customer food cards I’m collecting.  After Weis I looked to my AAA app for cheap gas.  The app told me that Alex’s Convenience was $2.899 for mid grade so off we head to Alex’s only to find the pump says $3.179/gallon.  Just another app you can’t trust
We return to the campsite to find we have been overrun with stink bugs.  Fortunately they did not get into the camper.  I sprayed Deep Woods Off around all the window and doors. Somehow they keep getting into the roof vents.  The screens are holding them back and I’ve sprayed the vent screens with Off.  Every once in a while I find one of the little buggers in there and I open the vent cover – turn on the fan and flick the bug off the vent screen sending it for the ride of its life through the fan and back onto the roof!  We’ll see how the battle goes tomorrow.  Just trying to keep them out of the rig!

No comments:

Post a Comment