Monday, October 29, 2018

Going to Plan B






We did not get our expected mail today and Greenbrier needs to close to get the water and electric secured. We have a few choices with commercial campgrounds in the area.  On the way to Greenbrier we ended up staying at Jellystone for a night.  At $108 we decided to skip Jellystone in case we need to stay for a couple of days.  We opted for Hagerstown/Antietam Battlefield KOA in Williamsport. As expected the 13 mile jaunt went without a hitch.  Check in at the KOA was quick and friendly.  The access to the KOA is deceiving; it cuts you through a narrow access road on private property before you actually get to the KOA.   

The turn in to the KOA gives you a ‘low class’ impression but once you hit the office the campground opens into a beautiful facility. The campground is well maintained and bordered by a creek and a cattle farm. 


 I explained to the hostess at check in that we were only planning one night but may need another, depending on the mail.  She was very understanding and put a hold on our site for the second night.
 Our youngest son and his wife had come to visit us for the weekend so we overcooked a bit.  I was planning to us the leftover meat from that dinner for sandwiches and heat up some store chicken tortellini soup we bought at Saveway.  Lori voted for Cracker Barrel – so Cracker Barrel it is.  Cracker Barrel has a new country fried turkey with green bean casserole and I gave that a try.  It could use more gravy but it is definitely Cracker Barrel quality food.  So It looks like it will be soup and sandwiches at Assateague.
After getting back from dinner I discovered I had no water pressure.  I check the pressure at the spigot and it is good.  I check the pressure at the outlet of my back flow preventer and it is also good.  I have good pressure at the connection to the Flagstaff – so what is the problem?  I turn on the pump and I have pressure at the faucets.  After doing several valve manipulations in the pass through and checking flows it dawns on me – I hooked the water up to the anti-freeze connection.  Do they put the antifreeze and the city water connection so close just to make me look this stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment